Sunday, May 8, 2011

An Educational Mother's Day

Part of our Mother's Day adventure included a hike at a State Park.  On our way we noticed this sign: (click to enlarge)


I had no idea that this could be considered the birthplace of the national weather service!  What I did know is that early in the year they have a marathon where the midpoint of the race is at the top of the tower.  All I could think about is how painful it must be to run up the hill and then up to the top of the tower!


With a mixture of fear and excitement, two little adventurers made their way to the top of the tower. 



The normally fearless Kate cautiously made her way to the summit and was immediately ready to head back down.  Meanwhile, the normally reticent Sam gleefully attacked the stairs, continually inquiring what it would be like to jump off from the various levels.  It is fascinating to watch the various aspects of a child's personality emerge.  I recently read that I should study my children so that I would better understand them as individuals with the expressed purpose of helping to shape and direct their lives appropriately.  Through adventures like this one I continually discover interesting new aspects of their personalities.

No comments:

Post a Comment