Saturday, October 22, 2011

Deck of Disappointment

Last summer my deck was in desperate need of repair.  The stain was worn thin and the wood was starting to show through.  I decided that since I didn't want to do this very often, I would do it right the first time.  I spent an inordinate amount of time stripping, prepping and staining the deck.  Much to my dismay when the winter's snow melted away, this is what I found.


So once again I found myself with a summer deck project in front of me.  I had used a waterborne stain, so this time I opted to strip as bare as I could, and go with an oil based stain (and a different manufacturer).


With some help from my lovely assistant, we now have a lovely outcome.  I'm feeling better about this application.  I sure hope we don't have a nasty surprise come spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment