Saturday, December 17, 2011

What Will You Do In Eternity?

I love to sing.  Once upon a time I could.  Sadly, my age and my physiology has left me with a wizened vocal range and a tonal quality that sounds like someone has poured motor oil on my vocal cords.  Most days I can't even hope to eke out a few lines. 

I've been thinking about eternity lately.  Given the cartoons we often see, I suppose many Americans think of eternity as a place where we float around on clouds and play harps all day.  I think of eternity as a time when God has set things right again.  Part of that package entails the granting of a new "glorified" body, a body that functions properly.  One that operates as God designed it and without fail.

You know what I am going to do with mine?  I'm going to sing.  I am sure that we can't conceive of the quality and clarity with which we will be able to praise God with our new bodies and I am sure that our current abilities are but weak approximations of that glorious reality.  But someday, when by God's amazing grace I can once again sing, I hope to sing His praise in like fashion to the following clips.  









No comments:

Post a Comment