Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Football Memories

Sam loves football.  I was pondering how I could turn his interest in football into a learning opportunity when my mind took an unexpected turn down memory lane.  While I might have grown up without a television, I was always surrounded by books.  My mom would periodically take me to town and I would bring home a stack of books from the public library.  I had an affinity for American History, but a different type of American History would often find it's way into the stack as well.

    I wanted to be just like Bart Starr.  I studied how he held the ball and how he played the game.  Unfortunately, the only time I got to play was on the playground at our country grade school, I was never allowed to play on an organized team.

Now that we live in the frozen tundra, I thought this might be fun book to page through together with my son. I found one online and it arrived just a few days ago.



Superbowl I!!!
Bart Starr, MVP!



The age of technology is great in many ways, but nothing beats holding an old book in your hands!  Every kid should grow up with books to pour over.  Books that invest their dreams, their hopes, their imaginations.

No comments:

Post a Comment