Friday, April 1, 2011

Wonders and Mysteries

I took the kids hiking at the local nature center yesterday.




Clear at the back we saw some really cool trees. I stopped to take a picture of one with my phone.



As I stuck the phone back in the holster it began to play a song. I have no idea how this happened, it has never happened before. Even crazier, it was playing "God of Wonders" by Third Day. It couldn't have been more perfect. Way in the back of the nature center, just me and the kids, awed by God's creation and now God is playing a song for us. Amazing.

So we sat down on the boardwalk together, listened to the music and talked about the awesome God who made us, the animals, plants and trees.

Deuteronomy 6:4-6 says:
Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Just trying to walk the walk and talk the talk one day at a time.

1 comment: